R E C O R D · C O N N E X I O N
If this page doesn't load with links on the left side, please click here (once) to go to the home page!
- There were several Hy-Tone labels, this discography is about the mid-60s Hy-Tone label from California. This Hy-Tone label seems to have been operating from Dallas, TX as well. The Texas 45's were released in the 300 and 400 series and probably in the 70s ('1975' is printed on the labels of #402), although the early releases may be from the late 60s. These 45s are not included in this discography.
- In the late 50s there was a NY Hy-Tone label releasing gospel and using a similar numbering system. This is pretty confusing. The R&B Indies lists several releases (103-107) for this label but the Gospel discography gives recording years in the late 50s which makes it more likely these 45s were on the NY Hy-Tone label.
- There were at least three addresses for this Hy-Tone label: 1190 Browning Boulevard - Los Angeles, 1149 S. Highland Ave - Los Angeles, 13515 Van Nuys Blvd - Pacoima.
- It seems that all California Hy-Tone 45s were recorded and released in the mid 60s.
- A release number marked red, means that a picture is available. Click on the song titles to see it.
Click here for listing 1, sorted on label number
Click here for listing 2, sorted on label number